TechniQ Professional Products Limited
- Who we are
- Our website
- Our collection and use of your personal information
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Your rights
- Keeping your personal information secure
- How to complain
- How to contact us
- Do you need extra help?
Who we are;
This website is operated by TechniQ Professional Products Limited. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 06905553.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union and the United Kingdom and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Throughout our website we may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties who provide relevant good s or services to our business. These other third party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies. For privacy information relating to these other third-party websites, please consult their privacy policies as appropriate.
Our collection and use of your personal information
We collect personal information about you when you access our website, register with us, contact us, purchase products via our website or post material to our website
We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you register with us, or purchase products via our website or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. This information includes:
- your name, address and contact details
- date of birth
- details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
- information about the services we provide to you
- your account details, such as username, login details
We use this personal information to:
- create and manage your account with us
- verify your identity
- provide goods and services to you
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services
This website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information, we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information, which overrides our legitimate interests)
Further information—the personal information we collect, when and how we use it
For further details on when we collect personal information, what we collect as well as how we use it, please read the following sections:
|When information is collected||What information we ask for||How and why we use your information|
|When you register with us||Contact details: Your name, email address, delivery and billing addresses||
We ask for this:
— to create and manage your account with us and arrange delivery of orders
— to communicate with you about your account
We will keep this information until:
— you close your account with us
— we close your account
Who we share your personal information with?
We may need to share your name and address details with suppliers in the event that there is to be delivery directly from such supplier or in the event that you have a complaint about the quality or fitness for purpose of a product which they have supplied to us which we are unable to resolve with you directly.
We will not share your information with anyone based outside the United Kingdom.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
For further information on cookies and similar technologies, we will request your consent before placing them and provide information on how to disable them.
We would like to send you information about new products or offers which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call.
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you place an order.
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
—contacting us at email@example.com
—using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or ‘STOP’ number in texts
It may take up to 7 days for this to take place.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us our Data Protection Officer
- let us have enough information to identify you,
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in a European Economic Area state or in the United Kingdom if you work, normally live or if any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred in the relevant state. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information, we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org